CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (CCA)
To nurture the latent talent of children Co-Curricular activities play a vital role in school curriculum. All the more it is relevant to residential set up like JNVs which has lot of scope for conducting various activities under CCA. In the light of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) CCA was organized in a meticulous way in order to evaluate the different skills of the students. Our, Vidyalaya has well planned list of activities under CCA incorporated in the Institutional plan. The Teacher Co-coordinating the CCA monitors the same as per time schedule and record. Due weight age is given while calculating House position/Cock house position in the Annual Day celebration.
Activities identified cover all the areas which ensure development of holistic personality. Some of the areas are development of Communication Skill, language ability, Social skill, performing art, creative thinking etc. literary activities like debates, extempore speech, poem recitation & essay writing in English, Kannada, Hindi were organized. Group singing, solo singing, art and painting, quiz com. were also conducted. Important days were celebrated and inter house cultural evenings also arranged.
- awahar Nehru Centre for Advance Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a Multidisciplinary research institute situated in Bangalore. Our Class XI Students visited the Institute and interacted with the research scholars.
- National Mathematics Day was observed with a quiz Competition. Three Students of class XI and 2 students of class X participated in pre-regional Maths Olympiad.
- Junior Maths Olympiad were organized for class VII and VIII and the respective toppers for each subject and for each class were awarded with cash Rs. 500/- (Rs. Five Hundred only).
- Mr. Parinith .C.M Class X participated in Cluster level and Regional Level Science Exhibition and his exhibit Water Rocket won the First place in the Cluster Level Competition
- In the Adolence Education programme(AEP) competition held at cluster level in 2015-16 for creative writing Mr. Vignesh Apthi of class XI obtained the 5th position.
- In Poster making section Ku. Spoorthi and Mr. Vishwas B bagged the 5th and 3rd position.
- NSF foundation Bee Competition: students of class VI to VIII and IX to XI appeared for English vocabulary Bee. Similararly students from Class VI to XI appeared for Maths BeeCompetition. The toppers were awarded with certificate.